Foreigners coming to Spain with the only purpose of studying or undertaking research, training or a non-lucrative job in any Spanish educational or scientific, public or private, officially recognized centre.
Foreign students who want to carry out studies in Spain, must apply for the
corresponding visa at the Diplomatic or Consular Offices before their arrival. Evidence of previous studies must be supplied. Nationalities that do not need a visa for stays of less than 90 days, do not need a student's visa if their stay does not exceed this time.
NEED FOR STUDENT VISA
Once they are in Spain, foreign students must apply for an authorization
to stay during the specified time, at the Foreign Office or Police
WHERE TO APPLY
At the local Foreign Office or Police
What are the requirements to obtain a Student Visa?
The following requirements must be met:
- All documents for entry and stay in Spain are in order, including
the visa to undertake or extend studies.
- The student has been regularly accepted in any private/public educational
or scientific centre to undertake/extend studies or undertake non-lucrative jobs
in research or educational centres.
- The study plan implies attending for no less than 3 months, including the approved
studies, research or educational itinerary.
- Should the student be under-aged and is not accompanied by his parents, they will need to provide written authorization for the student's trip, as well as for his studies. This authorization must include the details of the school and the duration of the stay.
- Students must prove and guarantee that they have the financial means to live, support their studies, their stay and return to their country, as well as, if necessary,
that of their relatives.
HOW LONG DOES THE STUDENT VISA LAST?
It is granted for the whole duration of the course
IS THE STUDENT VISA RENEWABLE ?
Yes, the Student Visa is renewable.
WHEN DOES THE STUDENT VISA VALIDITY EXTINGUISH?
- When the activity for which it was granted comes to an end.
- When the period for which it was granted is over.
CAN FOREIGN STUDENTS WORK IN SPAIN?
Basically, foreign students cannot carry out any profitable activity, but it
will be allowed if it does not limit the studying aims.
CAN FOREIGN STUDENTS'RELATIVES COME TO SPAIN?
Students who have obtained a visa for studying can apply for the corresponding stay visas for their relatives to enter and stay in Spain, during the period of their studies or research. They do not need a staying period prior to the foreign student.
Services and Formalities at
- ON-LINE ENQUIRIES (When you ask one of our lawyers who are specialists in foreign law)
We inform you step by step of all necessary formalities to obtain a visa that may interest you, of all the documents you need to submit at your Consulate. This may show you new opportunities depending on your case. We may also write the documents you need to submit.
See a sample case of our service
- INFORMATION SERVICE. We inform you of the progress of your file and of any law enforced which may concern your case (positively or negatively).
- CHECK-UP OF DOCUMENTS. Our company operates from Spain and the documents for the visa must be submitted at the Consulate. However, to make sure that you are submitting the right documents, you may send us a photocopy or fax of all the documents you are planning to submit at the consulate, to spare yourself problems in the future.
- LEGAL ASSISTANCE before the government (formalities for documents) and at the Courts. All our lawyers are members of a professional association and have many years of experience.