Life in Spain (4/4)

Driving License
In Spain international driving licenses are recognised.
About the permission to circulate you have to ask for information at Provincial Headquarters of Traffic.
If you wish to travel to Spain in your own vehicle, be it a car or a motorcycle, or rent one once you reach your destination, you should know that the Spanish government recognizes, almost without exceptions, the totality of the driving licenses issued in the world. The validity of these licenses lasts for the period of validity of appearing in the licenses. Only if you acquire residence in Spain, the validity of your permit will be limited to a year.
Remember that, together with your driving license, you must check that your liability insurance is in order, and that you have the corresponding Green Card.

In all Spanish cities you will find a numerous and varied presence of shops in which you will be able to by all kind of products. By general rule, small shops remain open, mornings and afternoons, every day of the week, with the exception of Sundays. Their timetables go, approximately, from 9.00 to 14.00 hours and from 16.30 to 20.30 hours.
Apart from these small shops, in most cities they have started to set up hypermarkets, big shops and shopping centres, with a timetable ideal for busy people: from 10 in the morning to 10 in the evening, from Monday to Saturday.

PreviousMain Page
Life in Spain
 Last update: 02-Jul-2009
Being regular or irregular
Life in Spain
Visas & Endorsements
Your Rights
Student Visas
Validation (Revalidation ratification)
Work Permits
Immigrant quota
Residence permits
Obtaining Spanish Citizenship, Nationality
Returned emigrants
Family regrouping
About us
Our Lawyers